Jaybird™ Ultimate Whirlpool / Aeration
Beer Brewing Paddle
304 Stainless Steel – 22” Long, 5” Blades
Built-in 3/8” Drill Chuck Bit
Extremely versatile Whirlpool / Aeration paddle with built in drill chuck bit.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Makes a perfect whirlpool in the boil kettle to “cone” the trub, hops, away from the exit port
· Use with a power drill at higher speed settings to aerate wort (after cooling) for enhanced yeast activity
· Perfect length to reach deep into large kettles or converted beer kegs, yet short enough to use with fermenting buckets, stove-top kettles
· Much better than plastic spoons or paddles – WON’T BEND or WARP when exposed to heat!
· Drill end: Features welded 3/8” chuck bit so you can optionally attach to a 3/8” or larger (see note at bottom) power drill for the ultimate in easy stirring
· Blade end:
· 3/32” holes on 5/32” centers – Made from the same material as our famous Jaybird False Bottoms
· Allows the perfect amount of liquids and solids to pass through the blades to create a strong whirlpool
· Creates a strong, whip-like aeration in cooled wort when used with a power drill. Yeast LOVE the extra oxygen this infuses!
· Features plastic plug so mash, trub, or wort doesn’t enter the paddle tube
· Quality construction – Made in USA.
NOTE: MOST, but not ALL 3/8” drill chucks will accept a 3/8” bit. Some 3/8” drill chuck manufacturers are just shy of actually opening a full 3/8”.
Video: Whirlpool, Stir, or Mash
Paddle - What's the Difference?