2" to 1-1/2" Tri Clover adapter clamped to a 1-1/2" Tri Clover connector for use with a 32 oz wide-mouth Ball, Kerr, or Mason canning jar. Approximately 6" from underside of lid to tip of downcomer. Supply your own jar.
Jaybird™ 2 Inch Tri Clover Yeast Brink
for Quart (32 ounce) Wide-Mouth Canning Jars
(supply your own canning jar)
Professional breweries constantly inspire us to bring “pro” technologies to the home brewer.
That’s what drove us to take our regular 2 inch Tri Clover Canning Jar Yeast Harvester with Gas Ball Lock Exhaust Port (SKU# 3111) and turn it into a true Yeast Brink!
The “base” yeast harvester allows displaced canning jar volume (Air? CO2?... Whatever you dream up!) to exit the canning jar while yeast (or other contents of the fermenter) fill the canning jar.
The “pro” enhancement? An extra-large downcomer tube! This allows:
· Yeast to be pushed into a conical fermenter from the bottom!
· Dissolved pellet hops to be pushed into a conical fermenter from the bottom! (*See “Optional” section, below).
Imagine… Taking a conical full of fresh beer wort and injecting yeast into it – yeast that was harvested from a conical that is finished with fermentation!
Imagine… 1) Placing pellet hops in a jar... 2) Dumping a beer sample from a conical into the jar to dissolve the hops…, then 3) Pushing those hops right back into the conical for dry hopping!
…All in an oxygen-free environment!
The exit port is a standard Gas Ball Lock post, and accepts any standard barbed (SKU# 0132) or flared (SKU# 0134) gas ball lock connector (not included).
PLEASE NOTE: Over-all height, when attached to a 32 ounce (quart) canning jar, is just shy of 9.5 inches (24 cm). Make sure that you have enough clearance below your fermenter. You may need to use a leg extension kit or some other ingenious way to raise your fermenter to achieve the proper amount of clearance below the fermenter’s exit port.
· If hop transfers are your top priority: Consider using the pull-down menu (above) to have us shorten the downcomer tube by 1/4" - 3/8”. The shorter tube gives more clearance to better facilitate hop transfers.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Works with all 32 ounce Ball, Kerr, and Mason brand wide mouth canning jars (not included)
· Metal components are 304 Stainless Steel
NOTE: CANNING JAR and CONICAL FERMENTER NOT INCLUDED