Fermentis Safbrew BE-256 Abbaye (Abbey) Ale
Beer Brewing Dry Yeast
11.5 Grams vacuum sealed pack
This popular Abbey Ale style dried beer yeast was formerly called “Fermentis Abbaye”.
Ready to pitch. No need for rehydration. Simply sprinkle evenly over the surface of the beer wort. For best results aerate wort prior to adding yeast.
This yeast is selected for producing beers with mild estery flavors and high alcohol content through very high attenuation.
Yet, even at 11% ABV this yeast contributes subtle, well-balanced aromas.
When used for lower-alcohol styles this yeast gives a dry, crisp finish that makes for refreshing session beers or other light styles.
Excellent for any foreign or domestic ale where crisp finish or high alcohol content is desired:
· Trappist Ales
· High alcohol Belgian Ales
· Bottle or cask conditioned ale with long aging time
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Very fast fermentation
· Sedimentation: Very Good
· Final Gravity: High
· Temperature Range: 54F – 77F ( 12C – 25C )
· Optimal Fermentation Temperature: 59F – 68F ( 15C – 20C )
· Net Weight: .41 ounces ( 11.5 grams )
· Each pack will make 5 gallons of beer
GUARANTEED TO HAVE A “BEST USE BY” DATE AT LEAST 6 MONTHS FROM TODAY