Anchor Steam California Common Clone
5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
This lager “steam beer” California Common has been made by Anchor Brewing Company out of San Francisco since 1896. The innovation? Fermenting lager yeast at higher, ale temperatures.
Light amber in color, medium body and a malty character with mild fruity yet assertive hop bitterness.
EASY TO BREW – Does not require a temperature controlled fermentation chamber like most lagers do.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.052
· Ending Gravity: 1.014
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.0%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 35.1
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)