Fall River Brewing Company
Hexagenia IPA Clone
5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
This is arguably the beer that put Redding, California on the map!
This IPA has won numerous awards up and down California, and continues to win national acclaim at prestigious competitions.
A 90 minute boil yields an incredible depth of malt flavor, rich notes of citrus hops, and lots of late addition hops and dry hops give it an amazing balance.
We are fortunate that John Hutchings, founder of Fall River Brewing Company, has chosen NorCal Brewing Solutions as the only sanctioned homebrew store in the country to offer up this incredible beer!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.068
· Ending Gravity: 1.015
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 7.1%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 69.2
· This beer’s secret ingredients: 5 different hops!
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· Yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)