Guinness Extra Stout Clone
5 Gallon Beer Recipe Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
There are numerous versions of Guinness Stout, and all of them are a little bit different from each other.
This is a clone of the original exported Guinness Extra Stout, boasting a bittersweet balance, full flavor, generous hops and roasted barley, and a 4.4% ABV.
The “Extra” in “Extra Stout” refers to the extra hops added by Guinness in the beer they export. The extra hops help preserve the beer on its journey around the world.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.044
· Ending Gravity: 1.010
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.4%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 42.4
· This beer’s secret ingredients: Flaked barley, roasted barley, and black patent malt
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)