Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad Clone
5 Gallon Beer Recipe Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
Warning! This is not for the timid beer drinker, and not for the timid brewer!
This is our take on the original Ovila quad – a Belgian Abbey Ale that was a collaboration between Sierra Nevada Brewing Company and the Monks of New Clairvaux of Vina, California.
This rich, sweet, chocolatey, malty goodness will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy all over!
Deep dark amber in color, moderately low hops. The dark Belgian candi sugar - when attacked by the Abbaye yeast – produces a distinct fig flavor that is hard to resist.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.094
· Ending Gravity: 1.018
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 10.1%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 22.6
The kit comes with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Name brand hops
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)
PLEASE NOTE: A yeast is necessary to make this beer. Unless you already have yeast on hand you will need to select a yeast from the pull-down menu. We recommend that you select a DRY yeast if we are shipping to you during the hot months of June – September.
Add the following OPTIONAL items through pull-down menus:
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold crushed grain and hops
· Whirlfloc tablet for the clearest beer possible
· If you are bottling the finished beer you will need:
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation
|Quantity||1||2 - 4||5 - 9||10+|