Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA
from NorCal Brewing Solutions
5 Gallon Beer Recipe Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
This Belgian white IPA is made with wheat and pilsner malts, giving it a crisp, slightly sour taste that is balanced by sweet orange peel and coriander.
Cascade and Centennial hops lend citrus aroma. Moderate alcohol by volume stays out of the way of the Belgian flavors. The finish is smooth, malty, and citrusy.
Think of this as a Lost Coast Brewery Great White beer but with more hops, more citrus, and more Belgian flavors.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.058
· Ending Gravity: 1.016
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.5%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 57.0
· This beer’s secret ingredients: Coriander seed and sweet orange peel
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)