5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
One of the first in-house kits we developed years ago. Dark in color, moderate in English hops. Definite dark chocolate presence, but not as sharp as a stout.
Moderately low hops, big taste. Easy to brew – even for beginners!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.043
· Ending Gravity: 1.011
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.2%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 29.4
· This beer’s secret ingredients: Chocolate malt, black patent malt, Nottingham yeast
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)