Newcastle Brown Ale Clone
5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
This is perhaps the best-known brown ale in the entire world. Hailing from England, where they know how to make a low-alcohol, low-hop, light-bodied beer that somehow retains excellent malt character.
Our version produces a smooth beer that has a fair amount of roast character, offset with a bit more hop flavor than the original.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.050
· Ending Gravity: 1.013
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.9%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 25.7
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)
The NorCal Brewing Solutions quality difference:
· We make our kits fresh, in-house EVERY WEEK
· We don’t crush the steeping grains until right before shipping
· We keep our hops frozen, and yeast refrigerated until shipping
· Each component of the kit is clearly labeled