Russian River Pliny the Elder Clone
5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
Featuring a boatload of hops, this is one of the most sought-after double IPAs in the world! It is made in very small quantities, and is always in short supply.
Amarillo, Centennial, CTZ and Simcoe hops take center stage. Even with all those hops somehow this beer is balanced, with fresh hop aroma of floral, citrus, and pine.
With our Pliny Clone you can enjoy this fantastic beer year round! Our version features all the hop bombing you will find in the original beer from Russian River Brewing Company – without waiting in a line that stretches around the block!
NOT A KIT FOR BEGINNING BREWERS!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.073
· Ending Gravity: 1.013
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 6.9%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 181.4!
· This beer’s secret ingredients: LOTS of dry hops!
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)