Deschutes Brewery Red Chair Clone
5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
This Northwest Pale Ale from Deschutes Brewery in Bend, Oregon has won “World’s Best Beer” at the World Beer Awards in 2010 and again in 2012.
A medium bittering hop and a strong finishing / aroma hop balance a caramel backbone. We think this is one of the most balanced beers ever produced.
The bummer? RED CHAIR IS A SEASONAL RELEASE available only from December through April.
But with our recipe kit you can make this outstanding beer ANY time of year!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.063
· Ending Gravity: 1.015
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 6.3%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 60.2
· This beer’s secret ingredients: Crystal, Munich, and Vienna malts
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)