Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone
5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
Sierra Nevada’s Pale Ale was a key player in the “outside the lager” beer movement of the early 1980s. Considered “too hoppy” when it first came out, today it is regarded by many beer drinkers as the ultimate pale ale
Plenty of citrus hops, but not so bitter as to be considered an India Pale Ale (IPA). Excellent aroma from Cascade hops followed by a subtle malt finish.
After thirty-plus years, Pale Ale is still Sierra Nevada’s best selling beer. Likewise, this extract recipe kit is one of our top sellers, too!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.057
· Ending Gravity: 1.013
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.7%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 37.9
· This beer’s secret ingredients: Magnum and Cascade hops, “Chico Strain” yeast.
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)