5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
Featuring mild hops, this farmhouse ale descends from the French-speaking region of Belgium. Not quite the “funk” of an all-out Belgian, it has some of the fruit and spice character. Call it a “Belgian Lite” if you like.
This beer is the answer for quenching your thirst on hot, sunny days!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.056
· Ending Gravity: 1.011
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.9%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 13.5
· This beer’s secret ingredients: 1 pound of dextrose for extra dryness and higher alcohol, Belle Saison yeast
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)