Harold’s Imperial Irish Red Ale
5 Gallon Beer Recipe Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
This beer was designed and brewed by one of our customers. After he brought in a bottle to share with us we just knew we had to feature it as part of our “brown bag” series! We promised him we would name the beer after him if he gave us his recipe.
A gleam came into his eyes. He extended his hand in a firm hand shake and stated “My name is Harold!”
There’s nothing quite like the hop profile and color of an Irish red beer. Somehow the Caramunich malt, Crystal Malt, and the use of a strong bittering hop matched with a mellow aroma hop produce a beer unlike any other.
If an Irish Red Ale is good, then an Imperial Irish Red Ale is better, right? This kit produces a beer that is 5.9% ABV, whereas a “normal” Irish Red should be between 3.8% and 5% ABV. Hence the addition of the word “Imperial” to the recipe!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.059
· Ending Gravity: 1.014
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.9%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 31.6
· This beer’s secret ingredients: Caramunich, Roasted Barley, and Special B
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)