Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA Clone
5 Gallon Beer Ingredients Kit
Extract with Steeping Grains
3 gallon partial boil, 5 gallons final volume
One of our popular “brown bag” in-house beer ingredient kits. Save money on fancy packaging – spend it on quality ingredients!
This IPA features the bold, spicy taste of rye enhanced by hops that produce citrus, fruit, and herbal notes. And yet the malt character is not forgotten!
Rye has long been a favorite ingredient of the distilling industry. It adds a unique semi-spicy black pepper flavor to this excellent beer.
Our version has a bit less alcohol than the original, and just a smidge more hop character. Enjoy!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Starting Gravity: 1.062
· Ending Gravity: 1.014
· Estimated Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 6.2%
· International Bittering Units (IBU): 59.1
Like all our beer kits, this kit comes complete with:
· Name brand liquid or dried malt extract
· Steeping grains crushed and ready to go
· Muslin steeping bag(s) to hold grains while you steep
· Name brand hops
· 50 oxygen absorbing bottle caps – beer stays fresh longer!
· 5 ounces priming sugar for bottle carbonation. (If you keg instead of bottle, you can add this to your wort during the last 5 minutes of boiling for a little extra “zing”!)
· Name brand dry beer yeast
· 1 ounce of Fermax yeast nutrient for the healthiest yeast propagation
· Easy to follow, detailed instructions (with phone and email support if you need it)