Jaybird™ Wide Mouth Canning Jar
Hop Filter Kit – Plain Tube Attachment
with 64 Ounce Canning Jar and Band
304 Stainless Steel
An inexpensive and efficient 304 stainless steel hop filter kit provides “hop back” filtration of leaf and pellet hops.
This kit takes our Wide Mouth Canning Jar Hop Filter with Plain Tube Attachment (SKU #3022) and adds a 64 ounce glass canning jar and band - giving you a complete solution for filtering whole leaf and pellet hops!
Clear glass allows unobstructed view of the action going on!
Simply pack with leaf or pellet hops (or a combination of both), clamp on some 1/2" hoses of your choice, and you’re in business!
TO USE WITH PELLET HOPS you need to pack the top portion of the canning jar with up to 3 stainless steel scrubbies (SKU# 0352 – NOT INLCUDED). You can add scrubbies using the pull-down menu, above.
2 external plain tube 1/2" diameter nipples accept standard half-inch diameter hoses:
· Shorter nipple on top of the lid is “liquid in” side. Feeds liquid to the bottom of the canning jar through the long dip tube
· Slightly longer nipple on top of the lid is “liquid out” side.
HOW IT WORKS:
Beer or wort gets fed into the hop filter through the shorter post, travels down the long dip tube to the bottom of the canning jar.
Pressure pushes the beer or wort through the hops, filtering the liquid and picking up hop flavor, color and aroma.
Perforated disk keeps hops from pushing into canning jar’s neck.
Liquid exits through the diagonal-cut short dip tube near the top of the filter and continues out of the jar through the slightly taller “out” port nipple.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Filter components are 304 stainless steel
· 3” diameter (standard “wide mouth”) canning jar with band INCLUDED
· 100% food grade silicone gaskets:
· Top, larger gasket snaps onto and around solid lid portion, provides liquid and air-tight seal ON TOP of canning jar
· Bottom, smaller gasket snaps onto and around perforated portion, provides a seal INSIDE the jar’s mouth
· Stainless steel nipples accept standard half-inch inner diameter hoses
NOTE: Gallon jug, hops, scrubbies and hoses are for illustration purposes only – sold separately!
Watch a YouTube video on how to use our Canning Jar Hop Filters! Click HERE (coming soon).