A very popular pH stabilizer manufactured by Five Star Chemicals & Supply, Inc. (the makers of Star San).
7 pound can.
- "Buffers" the pH of your mash water as close as possible to 5.2 pH.:
- If your water source pH is too high, it lowers it toward 5.2
- If your water source pH is too low, it raises it toward 5.2
- Optimizes enzyme activity of starch conversion to sugar - can increase starting gravity
- Does not alter wort flavor in any way
- Aids in consistent hop utilization in the boil
- Helps to clarify wort
- Keeps hard water salts in solution, which will result in less scaling in your heat exchangers, fermenters, and kegs.
- Assures highest level of alcohol production in grain, corn, etc.
- Perfect for beer and spirits grains
Usage: 3 ounces per 31 gallons leaving the boil kettle. For simplicity, this equates to 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of finished post-boil wort, added directly to mash water. No need to add to hot liquor tank or boil kettle (in other words, don't use it in your sparge process).
Condition: Brand new
Packaging: 1-Pound retail-ready plastic container