Jaybird™ Wide Mouth Canning Jar
Hop Filter – Plain Tube Attachments
304 Stainless Steel
An inexpensive and efficient 304 stainless steel hop filter kit provides “hop back” filtration of leaf and pellet hops.
Just add a 64 ounce glass wide-mouth Ball, Kerr, or Mason canning jar with ring, pack with leaf or pellet hops (or a combination of both), clamp on some 1/2" hoses of your choice, and you’re in business!
TO USE WITH PELLET HOPS you need to pack the top portion of the canning jar with up to 3 stainless steel scrubbies (SKU# 0352 – NOT INLCUDED). You can add scrubbies using the pull-down menu, above.
2 external plain tube 1/2" diameter nipples accept standard half-inch diameter hoses:
· Shorter nipple on top of the lid is “liquid in” side. Feeds liquid to the bottom of the canning jar through the long dip tube
· Slightly longer nipple on top of the lid is “liquid out” side.
HOW IT WORKS:
Beer or wort gets fed into the hop filter through the shorter post, travels down the long dip tube to the bottom of the canning jar.
Pressure pushes the beer or wort through the hops, filtering the liquid and picking up hop flavor, color and aroma.
Perforated disk keeps hops from pushing into canning jar’s neck.
Liquid exits through the diagonal-cut short dip tube near the top of the filter and continues out of the jar through the slightly taller “out” port nipple.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· 304 stainless steel
· Fits all 3” diameter (standard “wide mouth”) canning jars
· 100% food grade silicone gaskets:
· Top, larger gasket snaps onto and around solid lid portion, provides liquid and air-tight seal ON TOP of canning jar
· Bottom, smaller gasket snaps onto and around perforated portion, provides a seal INSIDE the jar’s mouth
· Stainless steel nipples accept standard half-inch inner diameter hoses
NOTE: Canning jar, band, gallon jug, hops, scrubbies and hoses are for illustration purposes only, and are not included.
Watch a YouTube video on how to use our Canning Jar Hop Filters! Click HERE (coming soon).
This item available as a kit that includes canning jar and band! See SKU# 3030.