Jaybird™ Convertible Wine Cap Punch Down Tool – 5” Diameter
Fully Sealed Top and Bottom!
304 Stainless Steel – 35” Long
Over the years we heard from professional wine makers that they loved our original wine cap punch down tool, but wanted a LARGER DIAMETER punch down surface area.
So… we thought… “Why not give them cake, and let them eat it, too?”
What if you could have a single handle / shaft, but SWAP the disc size based on the thickness or density of the must you are punching?
5” to 7.6” to who knows…? Need an even larger size? Contact us!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Designed to work with a large range of fermentation vessels from 2 gallon buckets to 55 gallon drums and larger-volume vessels
· 35” over-all length will reach down nicely into large-volume vessels
· Punch disc is 5” inches in diameter, with 3/32” holes on 5/32” centers – Made from the same material as our famous Jaybird False Bottoms
· 100% 304 stainless steel – no plastic plugs
· Large, curved handle offers plenty of hand grip space
· Threaded connection allows you to easily swap the 5” disc for our larger 7.6” disc (sold separately)
· Features permanently welded plugs so that skins, must, and juice can’t enter the body of the tube
· Quality construction – Made in USA.
Last picture shows the available larger 7.6” interchangeable disc next to this smaller disc. LARGE DISC IS SOLD SEPARATELY.