5.25 inch Stainless Steel Perforated Disc Insert for 12 Inch Nylon Funnels
Stainless Steel Strainer Insert
for 12 Inch Nylon Funnels
304 Stainless Steel
No doubt about it: The 12 inch nylon funnel available at most homebrew stores is a great gadget!
However, it has a SERIOUS drawback: The flimsy little vinyl insert that pops into the 5-1/4” opening above the spout!
The problems with the filter insert?
· Holes are WAY too fine. The filter gets clogged before you can say the word LEES or TRUB.
· The insert is very flimsy. The frame warps quickly; even under moderate temperatures.
· The insert pops out of its designated groove very easily – especially while stirring is going on to try and unclog the filter!
Enter the NorCal Brewing Solutions… um… SOLUTION!
Our stainless steel insert measures 5-1/4 inches in diameter. The holes and spacing is exactly the same as we use in our famous false bottoms.
It lets fine materials get through (wort, fruit juice, etc.) while holding back the larger debris (grain, hops, skins, seeds).
The insert weighs almost a quarter pound, so it won’t move around or pop out if you DO need to scrape it to unclog the holes.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· 3/32” holes on 5/32” – same material used in building our world renowned Jaybird false bottoms.
· Heavy duty 16 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel