Jaybird™ Extreme Twin Blade
Beer Brewing Mash Paddle
304 Stainless Steel – 22” Long, 5” Blades
Built-in 3/8” Hex Bit
Extremely efficient mash paddle with built in hex bit. Works with ALL 1/2" drills and MOST 3/8” drills (see note at bottom)
Permanently welded tip. Shaft is completely sealed top and bottom.
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Eliminate clumps, hot and cold temperature variations in your mash while speeding up starch conversion time
· Use with a power drill at slow speed for maximum efficiency
· Perfect length to reach deep into large kettles, picnic coolers, and converted beer kegs
· Much better than plastic spoons or paddles – WON’T BEND or WARP when exposed to heat!
· Drill end: Features welded 3/8” hex bit so you can optionally attach to a power drill for the ultimate in easy mashing
· Blade end:
· 3/32” holes on 5/32” centers – Made from the same material as our famous Jaybird False Bottoms
· Swirls grain solids with the blades’ metal frame while allowing liquid to filter through the blade holes
· Friction and mixing action provided by this paddle allow you to achieve greater starch to sugar conversion in a shorter amount of time
· Features plastic plug so mash doesn’t enter the paddle tube
· Quality construction – Made in USA.
NOTE: Our 3/8” stainless hex bit measures EXACTLY 3/8”. MOST, but not ALL 3/8” drills will accept this bit. Some 3/8” drill brands are just shy of actually opening a full 3/8”. To play it safe, we recommend that you have a 1/2” drill on hand.
Video: Whirlpool, Stir, or Mash
Paddle - What's the Difference?