Jaybird™ ULTIMATE “Dough Ball Destroyer”
Heavy Duty Mash Paddle
304 Stainless Steel – 30-3/4” Long, 4 Blades
Built-in 3/8” Hex Bit
Extremely versatile heavy duty “Dough Ball Destroyer” mash paddle with built in hex bit. Works with ALL 1/2" drills and MOST 3/8” drills (see note at bottom)
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· Designed for larger, deeper vessels
· 30-3/4” over-all length will reach down nicely into 55 gallon drums and other multi-barrel volume vessels
· Extreme duty design with folded-over blades, multiple TIG weld spots per blade
· Works great with mashes that contain larger grain kernels (such as corn)
· Narrow (1-5/8” wide) blade design works great with thick mashes
· Use with a power drill at higher speed settings to:
· Break up “dough ball” clumps that form anywhere (top, middle, bottom) in your mash
· Aerate wort (after cooling) for enhanced yeast activity
· Drill attachment end: Features welded 3/8” hex bit so you can optionally attach to a power drill for the ultimate in easy mashing
· Blade end:
· 3/32” holes on 5/32” centers – Made from the same material as our famous Jaybird False Bottoms
· Allows ultimate stirring of mash liquids and solids for even temperature distribution throughout your mash
· Creates a strong, whip-like aeration in cooled wort when used with a power drill. Yeast LOVE the extra oxygen this infuses!
· Features plastic plug so mash, trub, or wort doesn’t enter the paddle tube
· Quality construction – Lifetime limited warranty on all stainless steel components. Made in USA.
NOTE: Our 3/8” stainless hex bit measures EXACTLY 3/8”. MOST, but not ALL 3/8” drills will accept this bit. Some 3/8” drill brands are just shy of actually opening a full 3/8”. To play it safe, we recommend that you have a 1/2” drill on hand.
Video: Whirlpool, Stir, or Mash
Paddle - What's the Difference?