1.5” Tri Clover Filter Barrel
1.5" TC x 2-1/4” Long
304 Stainless Steel
Our false bottoms do such a great job of trapping hop debris, coriander seed, orange peel, and other adjuncts in boil kettles that we thought we would use the same material to filter trub passing through Tri Clover tubes.
This is the same offering as our SKU #2785, except that the length is fixed at 2-1/4”, and the tube width is 1.5 inches instead of 2 inches.
There is a 304 stainless steel 16-gauge MESH welded inside, right in the middle of the barrel. The mesh acts as a filter which traps any item over 3/32” in diameter.
The short length allows you to clamp this filter barrel in-line anywhere in your existing tri-clover setup without significantly affecting the over-all length.
We are sure you can find dozens of uses for this nifty device, but here’s two just to get your brain thinking:
· Clamp it in a distilling column to hold back packing material!
· Clamp it in a “beer wort out” setup. Pack the inflow end of the filter with leaf or pellet hops, and push beer wort through the tube - infusing the beer wort with hop flavor and aroma!
CHARACTERISTICS and SPECIFICATIONS:
· All components are 304 Stainless Steel
· Tube is 1.5” outer diameter
· Tri-clover connection on each end attaches with 1.5” tri clover clamp and gasket (not included)
· Filter material is the same material we use for our famous Jaybird false bottoms: 16 gauge perforated 304 stainless steel with 3/32” holes on 5/32” centers.